Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mid-range Gadget Exploration Adventure

Ok, so here's the problem: Gadget upgrade itch

Solution: Resist the temptation and look for prices to go down beyond the high demand of the latest gadgets

As simple as it is, it will be really hard to accomplish. Even if the gadgets you're itching to buy get cheaper, another batch of gadgets are there to make you drool over them. Thus, giving you a hard time to settle down for that one gadget because technology is so fast that the gadgets you've just bought will get toasted in six months by another kick-ass gadget.

Anyway, here's a list of want-to-buy low to mid-range gadgets I have in mind buying:

Nintendo Wii - Even if the XBox 360-PS3 graphic battle continues to heat up, I'll be satisfied with some serious fun-loving gaming. But of course, if Playstation 3 gets cheaper then why not? Blu-ray and high end graphics? Well, that's not what I had in mind of console gaming right now. Anyways, Wii would be a perfect fit for my DS Lite since I'm more attached to my DS rather than my PSP Slim.

Creative Zen Vision M 60GB - Okay, so I'm a bit lagging in this category since there's this new kick-ass Creative Zen Vision W 60GB. But I can't wait for another gadget anymore since my old iPod Shuffle 1GB is starting to annoy me because of the lack of lcd display and advanced features which you'd really crave for an MP3 player. And now that I'm inching closer to wanting the DivX video and FM features, I won't opt to choose the iPod Video/ iPod Touch just for the brand and not the features that I really want.

Asus EEE - Is it about time to pick it up and join the bandwagon? Or is it too late to pick it up? With an 8GB, afaik, as the largest size (or maybe 16gb or 32gb, I don't really know right now) it may be the quickest way to own a laptop. Add the Vision M as the combination, then I think I won't be upgrading my gadgets for a long time.

Basically, that's it. Well, I hope I'll be able to resolve my gadget upgrade itch - which in official terms would be buying a new batch of gadgets and not really an upgrade.

Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Mixx Furl Propeller Simpy Live Twitthis Add To Slashdot Spurl Google Yahoo Reddit Technorati Blinklist Blogmarks Smarkings Ma.gnolia SphereIt Sphinn Feedmelinks

No comments: